CUPE BC is a provincial division of CUPE and acts as the political voice of CUPE locals in British Columbia. CUPE BC is composed of locals who have chosen to affiliate to the Division to have a united voice in their community, province and National Union.
Delegates from affiliated locals meet annually to decide on policy directions for CUPE locals in British Columbia, political agendas and discuss important issues in their communities in the form of resolutions. Every two years, delegates from locals to convention also elect an executive board who carry out the Action Plan approved at convention.
Click here for the CUPE BC Constitution.
For more on CUPE BC's executive and committee structure, click here.
CUPE BC works for the members of CUPE locals throughout BC giving them:
- A strong and respected voice in both in the community and in the province.
- A united voice in CUPE National and the BC Federation of Labour.
- A voice in deciding the policy and activities of CUPE BC.
- Active and committed working committees that ensure the diversity of CUPE member's interests are represented on a provincial level.
- Support for organizing, strikes and campaigns in your local and your community.
- Information about what governments and other employers are doing and how it affects workers and public services.
- Access to a network of activists across the province who can provide mutual support on issues you are dealing with in your local and like you, are committed to building a strong community where they live.
Share your thoughts
Don't have an account?